Microsoft has released Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (KB2802159). These updates are available from Microsoft Update, to obtain and install the updates follow these steps on a system that has an applicable System Center 2012 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup 2 package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
To manually download the update packages from Microsoft Update Catalog, go to the following Microsoft websites:
App Controller (KB2815569)
- Issue 1: You cannot change the virtual machine network of deployed virtual machines.
- Issue 2: The network connection is set to None after you view the network properties of a deployed virtual.
- Issue 3: You cannot view the virtual networks for a virtual machine.
- Issue 4: When you change the virtual network in App Controller, you receive the following error message: 10605-InvalidVLanConfiguration
- Issue 5: You cannot copy VMs that have multiple processors or large amounts of memory from VMM to a Windows Azure.
- Issue 6: App Controller requires Microsoft Silverlight 5 but links to the download page for Silverlight 4.
- Issue 7: An argument null exception may occur if network connectivity is interrupted.
App Controller Setup (KB2823452)
- Issue 1: App Controller cannot be installed if the Microsoft SQL Server database server name starts with a number.
- Issue 2: Setup incorrectly reports that the SQL Server database has insufficient disk space.
- Issue 3: Setup is unsuccessful when it tries to enable Internet Information Services (IIS).
Operations Manager (KB2826664)
- Issue 1: The Web Console performance is very poor when a view is opened for the first time.
- Issue 2: The alert links do not open in the Web Console after Service Pack 1 is applied for Operations Manager.
- Issue 3: The Distributed Applications (DA) health state is incorrect in Diagram View.
- Issue 4: The Details Widget does not display data when it is viewed by using the SharePoint webpart.
- Issue 5: The renaming of the SCOM group in Group View will not work if the user language setting is not “English (United States).”
- Issue 6: An alert description that includes multibyte UTF-8 characters is not displayed correctly in the Alert Properties view.
- Issue 7: The Chinese (Taiwan) Web Console displays a wrong message.
- Issue 8: The APM to IntelliTrace conversion is broken when alerts are generated from dynamic module events
- Issue 9: Connectivity issues to System Center services are fixed.
- Issue 10: High CPU problems are experienced in Operations Manager UI.
- Issue 11: Query processor runs out of internal resources and cannot produce a query plan when you open Dashboard views.
- Issue 12: Path details are missing for “Objects by Performance.”
Operations Manager – UNIX and Linux Monitoring (Management Pack Update) (KB2828653)
- Issue 1: The Solaris agent could run out of file descriptors when many multi-version file systems (MVFS) are mounted.
- Issue 2: Logical and physical disks are not discoverable on AIX-based computers when a disk device file is contained in a subdirectory.
- Issue 3: Rules and monitors that were created by using the UNIX/Linux Shell Command templates do not contain some parameters.
- Issue 4: Process monitors that were created by the UNIX/Linux Process Monitoring template cannot save in an existing management.
- Issue 5: The Linux agent cannot install on a CentOS or Oracle Linux host by using FIPS version of OpenSSL 0.9.8.
Service Manager (KB2828618)
- Issue 1: If the number of “Manual Activities” displayed in the Service Manager Portal exceeds a certain limit, page loads may time out.
- Issue 2: Incorrect cleanup of a custom related type causes grooming on the EntityChangeLog table to stall.
- Issue 3: Service requests complete unexpectedly because of a race condition between workflows.
- Issue 4: The console crashes when you double-click a parent incident link on an extended incident class.
- Issue 5: PowerShell tasks that were created by using the authoring tool do not run because of an incorrect reference.
- Issue 6: The Exchange management pack is stuck in a Pending state after management pack synchronization.
- Issue 1: The Monitor SNMP Trap activity publishes incorrect values for strings when a Microsoft SNMP Trap Service connection is used.
- Issue 2: Inconsistent results when you use Orchestrator to query an Oracle database.
Data Protection Manager (KB2822782)
- Issue 1: An express full backup job in SC 2012 SP1 may stop responding on a Hyper-V cluster that has 600 or more VMs.
- Issue 2: When a SC 2012 SP1 item level restore operation is performed on a SharePoint the restore is unsuccessful.
- Issue 3: When you open DPM on a computer that is running SC 2012 SP1, the Welcome screen does not indicate the correct version of SP1.
- Issue 4: When you perform a disconnected installation of the DPM 2012 SP1 agent, you receive an error message: Protection agent cannot be installed on a machine where DPM is installed.
- Issue 5: When you use DPM 2012 SP1 for tape backup, a checksum error may occur when the WriteMBC workflow is run.
- Issue 6: Backups of CSV volumes may be unsuccessful with metadata file corruption in DPM 2012 SP1.
- Issue 7: The DPM console may require more time to open than expected when many client systems are being protected.