Be ready for Virtualization in Windows Server 2016 – free deep dive online course
Couple of days ago on Microsoft Virtual Academy was published deep dive course about Hyper-V in upcoming Windows Server 2016 (about 6 hours of great content). The course is led by Matt McSpirit – Technical Evangelist at Microsoft (@mattmcspirit) and Ben Armstrong (@VirtualPCGuy) – Principal Program Manager Lead on the core virtualization team at Microsoft. I just done it and it’s awesome! I highly recommend it! 🙂 What you learn in this course:
- Learn about Hyper-V and how the new release forms the Microsoft Datacenter Platform foundation.
- Explore recommended resources to help you continue your learning around Windows Server 2016.
- Learn how Windows Server and Hyper-V Containers differ from VMs and how to put them to use.
- Find out how you can seamlessly upgrade to the next version of Windows Server.
- Learn about Hyper-V features that now light up with Linux guests.
- Learn about new features that provide increased redundancy and improved availability.
- Explore a number of new Hyper-V and Windows Server 2016 features that make an IT Pro’s life easier.
- Learn about isolation capabilities which can help protect against malware.
- Explore some of the new and powerful Windows Server 2016 virtual machine (VM) security capabilities.
- Explore a new Windows Server deployment option, Nano Server, and how it is used as a Hyper-V host.
- Explore some of the improvements which help ensure that Hyper-V operates better at scale.
See the course on MVA – Windows Server 2016: Virtualization Deep Dive